GQ Japan Announces Men of the Year 2019 and Includes Two Tokusatsu Actors
GQ Japan hosts an annual award for the “Men of the Year.” This year’s theme was “Global Identity.” The award is sponsored by Tiffany & Co., supported by the Olympics, and in cooperation with Dom Perignon.
The winners are:
- Heroes of the Year: Four athletes from Japan representing Rugby
- Athlete of the Year: Kanoa Igarashi (Pro Surfer)
- New Generation Actor of the Year: Ryusei Yokohama (Hikari/ToQ 4gou of Ressha Sentai ToQger)
- Legendary Actor of the Year: Masao Kusakari (Manjome of Ultraman 2004)
- Breakthrough Actor of the Year: Kento Kaku
- TV Personality of the Year: Yoshizumi Ishihara (weather Forecaster)
- Youth Influencer of the Year: kemio
- Actor of the Year: Tsuyoshi Muro
- Comedy Act of the Year: Shimofuri Myojo
- Pop Icons of the Year: King & Prince
The official announcement was made on November 21 with a party coming before the end of the year. Last year, Kamen Rider Drive’s Ryoma Takeuchi was awarded in GQ Men of The Year 2018 for “Best Actor”.
Article Sources GQ Japan