Rio Uchida Participates in MCT Media Seminar
The MCT Media Seminar was held on September 19, 2019. At the seminar, professors from the University of Tokyo gave lectures on MCT. MCT, or medium-chain triglyceride, is often added as a supplement to dishes due to its health benefits.
According to Healthline, these benefits include:
1. Promotes Weight Loss in Several Important Ways
2. Instant Source of Energy That Can Also Be Used to Fuel Your Brain
3. May Reduce Lactate Buildup in Athletes and Help Use Fat for Energy
4. Could Help Manage Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s Disease and Autism
5. Contains Powerful Fatty Acids That Fight Yeast and Bacterial Growth
6. May Reduce Risk Factors for Heart Disease, Such as Weight and Cholesterol
7. May Help Control Blood Sugar Levels and Support Diabetes Management
Rio Uchida (内田理央) was invited as a special guest along with Executive Chef Cuore Kato. Using a recipe created by Chef Kato, Uchida prepared a green smoothie using MCT. They explained that smoothies can easily be made by people who are usually busy and don’t have time to prepare a meal. The ingredients were also easy to obtain and included kiwi, pineapple, lemon, and soy milk.
Uchida taste-tested the smoothie before and after adding MCT. After the taste-test with MCT, she commented that it was delicious and didn’t change the flavor at all. MCT oil is known to be tasteless and odorless, but she had only added it to salty soups until now. Uchida told the crowd she wants to continue using MCT to support beauty purposes.
Uchida portrayed Kiriko Shijima in Kamen Rider Drive.
Note: The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Article Sources PR Times