The live action Inuyashiki film was previously announced earlier this year. The movie follows the original manga by Hiroya Oku, creator of GANTZ.
In the series, 58-year-old Ichiro Inuyashiki and Hiro Shishigami, who have been transformed into cyborgs after being struck by a mysterious meteor. The series follows the opposite personalities of the men: Inuyashiki is inspired to help people while Shishigami wants bloodshed.
The official movie poster was revealed on February 14, 2018.
It was also announced that MAN WITH A MISSION will provide the the song for the live action film, entitled “Take Me Under.” The song will be released on April 18, 2018. The band previously composed the theme song “MY HERO” for the anime opening.
The Inuyashiki Live Action movie cast includes:
- Ichiro Inuyashiki – Noritake Kinashi
- Hiro Shishigami – Takeru Satoh ( Kamen Rider Den-O)
- Naoyuki Ando – Kanata Hongo (GANTZ, Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Shion Watanabe – Fumi Nikaido
- Mari Inuyashiki – Ayaka Miyoshi
- Takeshi Inuyashiki – Nayuta Fukuzaki
- Marie Inuyashiki – Mari Hamada
- Yuko Shishigami – Yuki Saito
- Detective Hagihara – Yusuke Iseya (Casshern)
Shinsuke Sato will direct the film and previously worked on the live action adaptations of GANTZ and GANTZ: Perfect Answer.
The film will be released in theaters on April 20, 2018.
Check out the newest trailer here: