Ryo Matsuda Announced as Lead in Tokyo Ghoul Stage Play
Tokyo Ghoul is returning to the stage in Summer 2017. The stage play will be based off the original manga series by Sui Ishida. It is a dark fantasy series set in an alternate reality where ghouls, who survive off of eating human flesh, secretly live among humans.
Tokyo Ghoul follows college student Kaneki Ken and his struggles to survive as a half-ghoul/half-human creature.
- Kaneki Ken: Ryo Matsuda (Hideyasu Jounochi/Kamen Rider Gridon of Kamen Rider Gaim)
- Nishio Nishiki: Shogo Suzuki (Chiaki Tani/Shinken Green of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger)
- Uta: Mitsu Murata (Bishop of Kamen Rider Kiva)
- Yomo Renji: Tomokazu Yoshida (Tekkan Aira/DekaBreak of Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger)
- Tokyo: June 29 to Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at Theatre 1010
- Osaka: July 8-9, 2017 at Umeda Arts Theater in Drama City
Matsuda spoke about his audition and goals for the lead role on his Ameblo: “Kaneki’s madness, chaos, conflict, and solitude. I will do my best to play the role to the best extent possible.”
Official Website: Tokyo Ghoul Live Stage